8 Amazing Destinations Perfect for Solo Female Travel India (Infographic Inside)
There was a time when some travellers were sceptical about travelling to India, especially in the case of solo female travel to India. But, now the time changes that females have been coming forward to travel India alone without letting insecurities.We can’t deny that India is an exceptionally beautiful destination.
While safety is the primary thing to consider, there are ways to follow these simple guidelines to eliminate troubles. If you are ready to Go! Here we have a list of amazing destinations in India that are well-known for their undoubted charm and are also safe for solo female travel.
Solo Women travellers can choose these Secure destinations to travel India 🙂
Destination #1: Shimla – A Viable destination for Solo Female travel
The capital city of the north Indian state Himachal Pradesh, Shimla was acknowledged as the Summer Capital of British India. It is bordered by Mandi and Kullu in the north, Kinnaur in the east, the state of Uttarakhand in the south-east, and Solan and Sirmaur.
Places to Visit in Shimla and Shimla Attractions
- The scenic beauty of Shimla includes Snowfalls which are just amazing.
- The Mall Road which is the main shopping street of Shimla and has many clubs, restaurants, banks and bars.
- The Christ Church situated on The Ridge having a very majestic appearance which represents hope, charity, faith, patience, and humility.
- Jakhu Hills is 2km from Shimla and is the highest peak at a height of 8000 ft which offers a beautiful view of the whole town and of the snow-covered Himalayas.
- Shimla State Museum has a collection of pint-sized Pahari paintings, sculptures, and bronze wood-carvings.
- Summer Hills at a distance of 5km from The Ridge is an amazing township of Summer Hills.
- Kufri 16km from Shimla is the local winter sports centre and also has a small zoo.
- Chail was built as a summer retreat and is known for its cricket pitch, the highest in the world.
- Some other must visit places are Gaiety Museum, Kali Bari Temple, Himalayan Bird Park. The snowy Shimla has given numerous memories to your lonely tour to India.
10 Things to Do in Shimla
Nainital, a very popular hill station in the state of Uttarakhand is considered as a dreamland on earth. Nainital receives snowfall between December and February with the temperatures from 15 degrees to -3 degrees.
Main Attractions of Nainital
- Naina Devi Temple located on the northern shore of Naini Lake is one of most visited spots in Nainital.
- Naini Lake, the heart of the place is an enticing lake showering its beauty with natural and static water. The lake is on its royal heights in the night time. The light of the houses, cottages and hotels located on the mountains makes the view refreshing when reflects upon the Lake.
- Ariel Ropeway begins at Mallital and is coupled with Snow view point located at an amazing elevation of 2275 metres above the sea level.
- Some other must visit places are Eco Cave Garden, Naina Peak, Tiffin Top, Land’s End, Governor’s House. This is the best place for solo female travel India.
Destination #3: Varanasi – A religious City basically perfect for Women travelling alone
Travellers visiting India often love Varanasi which is famously known as Benaras and Kashi which is a North Indian city on the banks of Ganges in Uttar Pradesh.
Places to visit in Varanasi
- Vishwanath Temple, Tulsi Manas Temple, Durga Temple, Bhart Mata Temple.
- Manikarnika Ghat, Deashwamedh Ghat, Sarnath, Assi Ghats, Banaras Ghats.
- Ramnagar fort and Museum.
Varanasi, a place where people are so religious and orthodox makes it yet another great place for solo female travellers visiting India.
Check Travel Advisory when Travelling to India – http://www.maavalanindiatravels.com/india-travel-guide-for-1st-time-travellers-travelling-to-india/
Destination #4: Munnar – A beautiful, safe place to travel as a single traveller
Munnar is a hill station situated in the Idukki district of the Indian state Kerala. Munnar is believed to possess a meaning called ‘’three rivers’’ at the confluence of Mudhirapuzha, Nallathanni, and Kundaly rivers.
Places to visit in Munnar
- Munnar is known for its breathtaking beauty, its greenery, and landscape.The green backdrop to every scenery just adds to the charisma of that place.
- Mattupetty Dam built between the hill ranges and is an idyllic spot to feel the serene nature.
- Kundala Lake , an artificial reservoir of a minor arch between the mountain ranges.
- Top Station , which is at 1880 metres above the sea level. The scenic view of the Western Ghats and the Valley of Theni from Top Station is simply amazing.
- Rajamalai , which is a part of Eravikulam National Park is a natural habitat of Nilgiri Tahr.
- Tea Museum, Marayoor Sandalwood forests, Attukad waterfalls, Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary, Tea Plantations, Lakkom Water Falls all add up to make Munnar an amazing tourist spot for travel India.
Releated Read: Things to do in Kerala
Destination #5: Ziro Valley – Most Picturesque place Perfect for solo female travel
Ziro is a census town in Subansiri district and is the favourite town for World Heritage Site. If You are planning a tour to India as a solo woman, then you should visit this place once in a lifetime.
Places to visit in Ziro Arunachal Pradesh
- Talley Valley Wildlife Sanctuary, being one of the leading attractions.
- Meghna Cave Temple offers a stunning view of the neighbourhood.
- Some other places are Kile Pakho, Ziro Puto, Midey, Hapoli, Dolo Mando, Pine Grove, Tarin Fish Farm, Bamboo Grove.
Destination #6: Mysore – A Cultural hub of Karnataka, safe for ladies who solo travel India
For solo female travel India, this city another perfect spot to visit. Mysore, the third most populated city in Karnataka is situated at the base of Chamundi Hills. See Here one of the most trusted tour operator from India to travel alone.
- Mysore Palace and the celebrations that take place during the Dasara festival when the city draws a large number of tourists.
- Devraj market the special flower market.
- The Mysore Zoo.
- Yoga and Ayurveda centres.
- The Folk-Lore Lake
- The Railway Museum, The Regional Museum of Natural History.
- The Krishnarajasagar Dam.
- Brindavan Gardens, where a musical fountain show is conducted every evening.
- B R Hills, ‘’Bandipur National Park’’, and the waterfalls at Shivanasamudra.
Destination #7: Pondicherry – A calm city looks more like french city perfect for single women tour
Pondicherry is a very friendly place, especially for solo female travellers visiting India. A popular tourist destination in South India and affectionately known as Pondy, it is Union Territory being the regional capital and largest city in the territory. Pondy has numerous churches, colonial buildings, statues, temples and beaches.
One Factor which makes Pondy city looks like french city 🙂
Places to visit in Pondicherry
- The Promenade Beach, The Auroville Beach, The Serenity Beach, The Paradise Beach are the most popular beaches of Pondy.
- The Church of the sacred heart of Jesus.
- Chunnambar Boat House.
- Great place for shopping and you can try various french dishes in Pondy.
Destination #8: Ladakh – An ideal spot for a solo female who love challenges and curious to see the beauty of Himalayas
Ladakh known as the land of high passes is a region in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. The extension of this region from Kuen Lun mountain ranges to the great Himalayas to the south makes it an amazing tourist spot for alone travellers ladies.
Places to visit in Ladakh tourism
- The Pangong Lake, a completely frozen salt water lake.
- The Hall of Fame saluting the heroes of this country.
- Leh Palace,Stok Palace.
- Zanskar valley, Markha valley, Nubra valley.
- Wanla Gompa, Tso Kar, The Thiksey Monastery, The Shanti Stupa, Changla Pass are the other most popular places to visit in Ladakh. Ladakh is a beautiful place giving amazing memories for people who travel India.
Guide for Women Traveling Alone
Image Source: Work The World
Have you ever travelled alone? Do let us know your experience in the Comments below?
Hope you liked these amazing destinations for perfect for solo female travellers India. And if you liked what you read, then don’t forget to share it with your pals 🙂